Today, basketball has become incredibly popular. Annually, the b-ball industry easily crosses the billion-dollar mark. It’s no doubt that the sport is loved by many, including you, considering that you’re here to get your next basketball backpack.
However, you shouldn’t allow your love compel you to make an uninformed buying decision. Indeed, basketball’s thrill is in the game. But, if you do not have the right equipment, basketball backpack included, you might end up feeling particularly unexcited.
Not to worry, though. Our guide will cover everything from backpack recommendations to a buying guide.
Our Top 3 Picks
Before continuing, we must save you the unnecessary stress of rummaging through several long lists of backpacks/basketball bags. So, here are our top three picks:
1. MIER Basketball Backpack (Best overall basketball backpack/bag): This is one of the biggest in the market. It has multiple compartments, including b-ball space, for proper organization. Finally, it’s multifunctional.
2. Xelfly Basketball Backpack (Best lightweight backpack): This is small and compact. But, it still gives you the essentials of a b-ball bag, including comfort, a ball compartment, and doggedness.
3. ERANT Basketball Backpack (Best design): This one lets you store your basketball and sneakers neatly in separate spaces. Additionally, it’s well-designed with simplicity in mind. Finally, it gives room for proper organization.
|MIER Basketball Backpack Large Sports Bag for Men Women with Laptop Compartment, Best for Soccer, Volleyball, Swim, Gym, Travel, 40L, Black||Prime||Buy Now|
|Xelfly Basketball Backpack with Ball Compartment – Sports Equipment Bag for Soccer Ball, Volleyball, Gym, Outdoor, Travel, School, Team – 2 Bottle Pockets, Includes Laundry or Shoe Bag – 25L (Black)||Prime||Buy Now|
|ERANT Basketball Backpack with Ball Compartment – Basketball Bags with Ball Holder – Basketball Bag Backpack – Basketball Bags for Boys – Backpack for Basketball (Black)||Prime||Buy Now|
What is the best basketball backpack to have in 2020?
The amount of options you have in the basketball backpack market is staggering. To prevent that all-too-unpleasant scenario of endless shopping hours, we’ve compiled the five excellent (one size) bags for basketball. They are:
1. MIER Basketball Backpack (Best overall basketball bag)
This backpack has a total capacity of about forty liters. Besides that, a notable feature is the sizable number of compartments for keeping your sports stuff. In front, there’s a b-ball mesh. In the main compartment, there’s a laptop space This effectively makes the MIER backpack/basketball bag multipurpose. There’s also storage room for water bottles with several zippered pockets. To top it all, the backpack is made of highly durable water-resistant material.
Backpack Dimensions: 12.6 x 9.8 x 19.7 inches
Backpack Weight: 1.23 Kilograms
1. Multiple storage areas: There are a tablet and a 17-inch laptop pouch, a ventilated ball compartment, and a water bottle holder.
Additionally, the bag comes with two side pockets, a zippered pocket at the top, and another in front. This makes it perfect for storing numerous stuff/belongings.
2. Multifunctional: It is large enough to be a traveling/hiking bag. Additionally, the laptop pocket makes it good for school/work.
3. Tough and reliable: It’s made of water and abrasion-resistant fabric.
- It’s reliable.
- It is comfortable to carry around.
- It’s large enough to haul your sports stuff.
- There’s no dedicated pocket to air out your shoes.
We believe that this pack’s only problem is its lack of a sneaker storage space. But, that’s not a mammoth-sized issue, considering the other features, including the build quality.
Our take? This just might be the bag for you, especially if you want boys’ basketball backpacks, cheap or otherwise.
2. Athletico National Soccer Bag (Best multifunctional backpack)
Unlike some Nike basketball backpacks, this one doesn’t quite sound like a b-ball pack. After all, a lot of basketballs are bigger than the average soccer ball and need more space. But, this is still one of the most elite basketball backpacks. This pack was specifically designed to hold any ball and your basketball gear. So, while the name says soccer bag, it still functions perfectly as a b-ball pack.
The ball compartment is large enough to hold a b-ball without squeezing. Finally, there’s a separate space for your shoes and your water bottle.
Backpack Dimensions: 19.5 x 14 x 12inches
Denier Polyester: Yes
1. Comfort: The backpack has well-padded and adjustable shoulder straps.
2. Reliability: The pack is made of tough 600 Denier Polyester. Additionally, the backpack’s build quality is water-resistant and will provide protection for your basketball gear.
3. Multiple storage areas: There’s a main compartment with seven pockets, including water bottle pockets, and a laptop sleeve in the back.
Additionally, the pack sports a b-ball pouch and a separate sneaker space.
4. Multifunctional: It is useful on and off the court for traveling, or as a basketball bookbag in school.
- The pack is durable.
- It protects your gear from getting wet.
- It’s multifunctional.
- There’s a refund guarantee.
- The side stitching might come out after rigorous use.
Athletico’s basketball backpacks are certainly something for athletes to consider. Of course, we’d have loved it if it were a dedicated basketball pack. But that doesn’t affect the functionality, and buying the pack might not be such a bad idea.
3. Xelfly Basketball Backpack (Best lightweight backpack)
This Xelfly backpack is only 25l, making it one of the most compact packs on our list. Despite that, it conveniently holds basketballs in a separate compartment. For comfort, the straps are designed to be breathable and adjustable. Notably, it is made of high-quality fabric. As such, the manufacturers guarantee the utmost reliability and durability.
Backpack Dimensions: 16 x 11.5 x 4 inches
Backpack Weight: 0.66 Kilograms
1. Compact: The bag has a total capacity of 25l.
2. Durability: Like many other basketball backpacks on our list, this high-quality pack is designed to last. The guarantee of this is in its high-quality production material.
3. Lifetime guarantee: You can enjoy the product for life, knowing that you’ll get a refund if a thing goes wrong.
- There’s a lifetime guarantee.
- The pack is very durable.
- It is water-resistant.
- The pack might be a bit too small for those with a lot of sports gear.
For many people, the major problem with this pack is the size. But, if bigger isn’t better for you, the Xelfly’s pack should fit right into your needs.
4. Yopaseeur Youth Soccer Bag (Best for refund policy)
This is the fourth of our best basketball backpacks. Again, the name might be misleading. But, the manufacturers assure you that the back is great for the best basketball players too. Coming in a lot of aesthetic colors, the pack is made of polyester.
Regarding the pockets feature, there’s one pocket each for your balls and shoes. Additionally, there are two side pockets, a zippered front pocket, and several others in the main storage space for keeping items. Finally, the backpack has a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Dimensions: 14.2 x 9.8 x 3.1 inches
Weight: 0.59 Kilograms
1. Satisfaction guarantee: Customers can easily return this backpack and get a full refund.
2. Multiple storage spaces: Alongside the pockets on the inside, there are two more on the side. There’s also one for shoes and a basketball pocket. In front, there’s a zippered pouch to keep your valuables.
- You can ask for a refund if you’d like.
- The design is visually appealing.
- Bigger might be better
It certainly could use a little more size. But, other than that, this pack should serve you pretty well.
5. ERANT Basketball Backpack (Best design)
The fifth on our list of the best basketball backpacks is from ERANT. This is one of the best basketball backpacks in the market. As it should, the pack has dedicated storage areas for shoes and a basketball.
Besides that, the backpack is designed to last with the high-density material used to produce it. While it’s primarily for basketball, it still serves other functions. Finally, the ERANT brand lets you get your money back on this one.
Dimensions: 17.9 x 13.3 x 2.2 inches
Weight: 0.57 Kilograms
1. Comfort: The shoulder straps are adjustable, and the pack is well-padded.
2. Versatile: The pack can easily double up as a school backpack. It’ll also be useful for light travels, quick hikes, and more.
3. Durability: The pack is made of high-density material. It can withstand abrasion, splashes, and store a lot of sports stuff, including clothes, without ripping.
- Its quality is high enough to get through plenty of hard times.
- Its design is simple and aesthetic with a color for everyone.
- Besides storing basketballs, it could serve different functions, including the function of a book bag.
- It cannot hold a lot of sports stuff at once.
Considering the build material, the quality of this pack is an envy of companies. What’s more is that the price tag isn’t outrageous either. We think it would do no harm if it were a bit bigger.
At least, that way, it could store more clothes, basketball shoes, etc. But, even if it can’t store all the basketball shoes you own, it has space for the important things. One of them is storage space for a water bottle. In our books, that’s a good thing.
Things to look out for before buying a basketball backpack
Our list contains five of the best backpacks and brands you’ll find on Amazon for basketball players. Still, it wouldn’t be the best idea to go to the Amazon website and just buy a Nike backpack for basketball without proper research.
At least, you should have an idea of what to expect from a basketball bag before buying. So, here four things to consider before buying:
Like virtually any other sports backpack, your basketball backpack needs to be durable. This is because it will be holding a lot of relatively heavy gear for you. After all, basketball is one of the biggest balls in the world of sports.
Besides that, as a frequent basketball player, you’ll need your backpack often. So, you cannot afford to get something that’s substandard just because it’ll save you a few bucks.
Two of the most durable basketball backpack materials include polyester and nylon. The first allows easy washing and maintenance. The second, however, is water-resistant. So, it provides a significant level of protection to your gear. Regardless of which you choose, ensure that it”ll get you through the toughest games.
Like we said earlier, your basketball bag needs to hold multiple sporting gear. So, it stands to reason that your backpack should have multiple storage compartments. They’ll enable you proper luggage organization. Among others, your backpack should have these three spaces:
- Main compartment: This is the storage area where everything else goes. Without it, you might as well just hold your items in your hands. Nevertheless, your main storage compartment should be large. Enough to hold your clothes, headphones, and anything else you need in the court.
- Ball compartment: Coming in second is the area you keep your basketball. Usually, they’re only designed to hold one ball at a time.
- Shoe compartment: This is a special part of the backpack that’s there to help you dry out your shoes. Of course, your shoes might not be wet from stepping in water. But, they’re sweaty from being worn for several hours/minutes at the court. This compartment should be separate from the others to prevent stains and smells.
- Others: Some backpacks include extra storage spaces for water bottles, mobile phones, books, and credit cards. Looking out for these ones depends on your actual needs.
Bear in mind that the general size of these spaces depends on how much gear players have to carry.
3. Maintenance requirement
After getting the backpack, you’ll want to be able to take care of it properly. But, you can’t have a sports backpack that’s incredibly difficult to clean or maintain. That’ll put you under a significant amount of stress.
So, look out for the ones with easily washable material. Most polyester materials can easily go into the machine, reducing cleaning stress. So, they’re often a good idea for ballplayers. Just remember not to sacrifice washing ease for toughness.
Your basketball rucksack might be hauling relatively heavy equipment for you. As such, it needs to be comfortable enough not to make its use absolutely miserable. So, before buying a backpack, make sure that it’s well-padded.
The shoulder straps, not drawstrings, and the back are important padding areas. Alongside that, the straps should be adjustable enough to fit you snugly. Finally, the size of the pack itself shouldn’t be too big. These would be testaments to its quality.
Q1: Are basketball backpacks useful for work?
Yes, they are. Many basketball packs are multifunctional. For some of them, the basketball compartment is completely detachable. As such, no one will know that its primary purpose is to haul sporting equioment.
Others have dedicated spaces for laptops and tablets. So, in essence, you can use your most basketball backpacks for work. As a side note, you can also use basketball backpacks for school.
Q2: Is it a good idea to use b-ball packs for hiking trips?
Yes, it is. However, this is dependent on the backpack you have. If you’re going to take your backpack on to hiking sites, make sure it’s large enough to pack your gear. Apart from the size, it should also be durable and water-resistant to support the trip.
Q3: Are duffel bags better than basketball bags?
This is largely dependent on your taste as an individual. For some, the duffel bag is perfect because it sometimes affords more space. For others, the duffel bag can be a tad bulky.
However, basketball backpacks offer the advantage of comfort. You can wear backpacks for basketball on both shoulders. Their shoulder pads add to the appeal. Also, a B-ball pack is healthier because they help to distribute weight equally across your body.
A basketball backpack is a very important part of the sporting gear you should have. At least, as a basketball player. Our article contains some of the best dedicated basketball backpacks for you to use.
If you’re in the market for basketball backpacks, we’re sure you must’ve found your dream bag by now. With that being the case, good luck with your next game!